Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Lichen

I found a terrific lichen-covered branch to paint, continuing my series of bark paintings. These paintings look abstract, but they're not; they're a representation of abstract-looking natural textures. I don't do pure abstract paintings. I've found that if I stand in front of a canvas and try to paint out of my head, nothing much happens.

Here's the branch:



and here's the painting so far:



The canvas is 18" by 36", which is about 6 times life size. I might have bitten off more than I can chew ...

1 comment:

  1. The canvas is 18" by 36", which is about 6 times life size. I might have bitten off more than I can chew .

    Just keep painting !

    I'm really looking forward to this one!!

    that lichen looks delicious ...visually that is

    ReplyDelete